Friday, January 13, 2012

Hoot.Me


I've been wanting to post something about this incredible application, and I finally am. You might be wondering, what is hootme?, what is this girl talking about? Well, hootme is a facebook application that allows you to study while you are in facebook. Ummm, yes, I sayed study in facebook.
There is always a time in which it is very late, and you are still up because you are stuck in a physics problem, or you are home alone and you can't get someone to help you. Well, hootme is a helpful option for that situation. You have video, sound, chat and a feature that helps you with the signs and all the math and physics symbols. One of the many advantages hootme has, is that you do not have to download it or install it in your computer, all you have to do is to go to your facebook profile and run the application. Hoot.me has helped me have an online class with my teacher whenever I can't understand something, or join a classmate and discuss certain topics about a class. Hoot.me is an innovative, creaive application that helps many students (just as it helped me, and I'm sure my classmates as well).
I had an experience last time, in which my classmate and I couldn't understand a problem, and I asked my physics teacher (Mr. Jose Popoff), and other classmate of mine had asked the same question, so instead of explaining the same thing twice, he just told us to meet at hoot.me and we could see and hear ourselves perfectly, and after he left the virtual class, we could peferctly stayed discussing our job. It is easy, and quick, AND you are using facebook, that to us teenagers it is something we can't stand being without. I wan't to thank the guys of hoot.me, because it is a very useful tool, since it has not just helped me, but many others.

2 comments:

  1. Stephanye, thank you for posting this! We've been hard at work over the holidays incorporating the lessons we learned last semester from students like you. In fact, your class has been monumental in helping us improve. We can't wait to hear what your class thinks of the updates once we release them. Feedback like this makes all the long hours worth it, so we really appreciate the encouragement!!!

    Sincerely,
    Michael, Sid, and Gaurav (The Hoot.Me Team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I asked several of my classmates about their experience with hootme and they all are pretty excited about the app. Hope we can all work the new features out soon. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete