Saturday, December 3, 2011

Helping Others

I must say, I am a very ambitious person when it comes two a particular theme, Dentistry. Have you seen a passionately in-love girl talking about her boyfriend? Well, that's how I look when I'm with the dentistry subject.
In case you didn't notice, I want to be a dentist, and after that, I want to become a surgeon. My parents are both dentist, and many people say I want to become one just because of my parents, but it is not true. I really like dentistry, I like the fact that I can help people have a nice smile, because when people smile the world gets better. Going back to what I was talking you about, I love dentistry and as a good learner I asked them (my parents) if I could help them and I learned many things through the process of being their assitant.
  So, I learned many things and I can work on them nicely. My parents have been the hosts of many brigades, and they have put me to work as a dentist as well. I have been in many brigades, and they have all been in places were you can see poverty very clearly. Like, they have no light, no shoes to wear, they have no tooth brush, nothing at all. I'm really glad we can all be able to help, I'm really thankful with the Lord we have the opportunity to aquire so many things, maybe many of them are not essential, but we still have them. God demands us to help the poor, to help the people who are less fortunate than us. We are the ones chosen to help that people who needs care, love, aid, support, but overall, they need God to be part of their lives. 
I told you the "Dentistry Story" because I would like to share with you my dream. I dream of a private center were I can have my own OR and be the one who makes the surgeries needed. Well, in that health center, people who need a certain type of surgery (Dental surgery) and have no money to do it, I will be performing it, and maybe I can have some collegues, but I would like for these surgeries to be free and their recoveries as well. 
Sure, I dream big, yes, I know it takes so much time, but if it is my desire, my dream, what my heart wants, I will humbly come before the Lord and ask Him to help me throughout this process. I take the "help the need" theme very serriously, because there are so many people around us who have nothing to eat, nothing to wear, who are cold and have nothing to make themself comfortable with, and we do, we have plenty of things we dont need and I believe we can help them. 


So I encourage you to help, to give, to preach the word of God, to love and care for them, because it is what God wants for us to do, and as His sons and daughters, we need to perform this beautiful task. From experience I can tell, it it a wonderful job, the payment you receive is outstanding, because you receive their love and gratefulness, and you know they mean it. So please, help the ones who are in need, because what you get back is priceless. GBU

No comments:

Post a Comment